Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Situational Writing Practice (5) - PSLE Booklet

Model answer:

Dear Manager,

My name is Tina Lee and I am a pupil from Clever Primary School. I am writing to inform you of how helpful one of your staff, Miss Lily, was towards me.

On 5 October 2009, I was at the Bedok Public Library borrowing some books. As I was about to leave the library, I dropped my wallet on the ground. I only discovered that it was missing when I was about the board the bus at the bus stop. At that moment, Miss Lily came running towards me and returned me my wallet. I could not thank her as the bus driver was hurrying me to board the bus.

I would like to express my gratitude towards Miss Lily. If it had not been for her, I would have been stranded at the bus stop. Once again, I would like to convey my appreciation towards her. Please help to convey my gratefulness to her. Thank you.

Regards,
Tina Lee

Points to note:
1) Introduce yourself.
2) At the end, give a short conclusion. Do not end abruptly.
3) At the end, some of you wrote "I look forward to your favourable reply." However, you did not ask the manager to do anything, so why do you need a favourable reply? Put yourself in the shoes of the manager and see what information is needed.
4) Include your surname when signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment