Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Situational Writing 3

Dear Tim,

How are you? I am writing to invite you to take part in a writing competition with me. The competition is organized by Scholastic and allows us to inspire the world through our stories. There is a chance to get our stories published. We would be in Category A since we are twelve years old and our essay needs to contain 300 to 600 words.

We can choose from three different titles: “My Family”, “If I Ruled a Country, I Would” and “The Day that Changed My Life Forever”. I would like to write about my family as I have many experiences to share. Would you prefer other titles? We can discuss further.

We stand to receive US$150 each and a certificate of honour if we are grand prize winners. There are also eighteen consolation prizes in our category. Each consolation prize winner will receive a token and a certificate of honour.

If we are participating, we have to send in our entry by 30 April 2010. I am excited about working together with you as we have worked well together in the past. Do reply soon!

Regards,
Jed.

No comments:

Post a Comment